Monday 15 March 2010

Good time memories.....

A few years ago I had a shop on Skinner Street, Whitby. North East Outdoor, it does surprise me of the number of people I meet and as soon as I tell them about the shop they recall it and what they bought. Strange how certain things stay with you and come back to you, Bike Scene is another example, and the number of people I have met recently that remember me from Bike Scene is daft!

We I closed the shop to safe guard the business against the recession, however it mean that running it internet only ( shameless plug discoveryphotography.co.uk) it gave me chance to follow a line of work that is fast becoming my career – photography.

I had half the shop as a photo gallery which seemed to open a few doors to kick start the path, however this is massively digressing and very boring for all you out there.

My shop was a few doors down from Bothams bakers and like most people in Whitby it seemed to be my favourite breakfast and lunchtime retreat. After a few months you kinda get to know the girls behind the counter and start to get some friendly banter, one that sticks in my mind is Carol, now having only had chat over a breakfast bun for a few years it was strange to be picking her up from Whitby to come for a model shoot with me. This came about because Michelle (one of my first models I ever worked with) is one of her close friends.  I had chatted to both of them on facebook about coming over for a shoot someday and that day was Saturday! However Michelle was starting her new job (congrats Michelle btw) so it ended up Carol and me. Gilly joined us back at the studio and after a quick cup of tea we started shooting, Carol had only ever done one shoot before for her 21st, so to be in a studio was still a little strange for her and you tell she was nervous. However once our usual banter started between me and Gilly, she soon settled down and had some good fun. After all what’s the point of doing something if it isn’t fun?

I haven’t heard off  Carol yet so I hope she enjoyed the shoot and the liked the images, Gilly and me certainly did, I leave it far too long to do day shoots. Cant wait to work with her again, got loads more in mind to do! J

No comments:

Post a Comment